Alliance Healthcare is a global wholesaler and distributor of surgical, medical and healthcare products, with warehouses and transportation that must be maintained within strict temperature limits.
To properly monitor temperature data at Alliance Healthcare, we provided validation services to establish the thermal profile of warehouses, fridges and freezers and vehicles used to maintain temperature data in the supply chain.
The wireless temperature monitoring solution needed to accommodate 1000’s of sensors that could be deployed in these environments and appliances at multiple different locations, to collect and deliver up to the minute data.
To reduce the burden on staff the system needed to be accessed globally in the event a site manager needed to take temporary or permanent responsibility for monitoring of additional sites, but most importantly the collection of data, reporting and management of alarms needed to occur automatically to eliminate human error and minimise work load.
Finally, the most suitable temperature monitoring system had to be easy to expand to grow with the company and the ever changing regulations imposed on distributors of time – temperature medical products.
- Turnkey stability temperature mapping service with GxP compliant reporting was undertaken to establish environmental conditions and qualify locations for 24/7 monitoring.
- GAMP GxP validation documentation package generated to ensure the validation of the system complies with the URS and relevant legislation.
- Battery data loggers deployed in multiple risk assessed locations, collecting and storing data locally, delivering up to the minute data to a custom 21 CFR Part 11 control panel accessible by registered users.
- Alarm excursions distributed via SMS and email, historical alarm management, reporting and analysis performed using the same 21 CFR Part 11 control panel.
- Comprehensive Service License Agreement that supports hardware and staff throughout the life cycle of the system including annual on-site calibration, PQ testing and seasonal mapping of storage areas and appliances.
What the client thinks
Wessex Power met our commercial expectations and delivered a quality, validated, robust solution that is easy to use and minimises the amount of time we spend managing temperature data. Reporting and alarm management is now a simple task and we are always ‘Audit ready’