Terms & Conditions
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE
- GENERAL: (a) The acceptance of any quotation submitted by Wessex Power (hereinafter called ‘the Company’) shall incorporate acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any Special conditions specified by the quotation. Any Condition proposed by the customer shall, except in so far as they confirm these Terms and Conditions, be expressly excluded.
(b) All quotations are subject to acceptance by the Company on receipt of the customer’s order and no contract shall be concluded until confirmation of acceptance is given or the customer’s order is otherwise accepted by the company.
(c) Commencement of any work or any deliveries pursuant to this quotation shall in the absence of a written acceptance by the customer be deemed an unconditional acceptance by the customer of these Conditions and by the Company of the customer’s order.
- VALIDITY OF QUOTATIONS: Unless otherwise stated therein, all quotations by the Company are open FOR ACCEPTANCE BY THE Purchaser within 30 days of the date thereof and thereafter subject to confirmation.
- VAT: Prices are quoted exclusive of any VAT which will be charged where appropriate, at the prevailing time.
- DELIVERY: The Company will use every reasonable endeavour to effect delivery in accordance with dates quoted in writing. Such dates shall be treated as estimates only and The Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense whatsoever suffered by the Purchaser or any Third Party by reason of delay in effecting delivery.
- DEFECTS AFTER DELIVERY: The Company will make good, by repair or replacement at its option defects which under proper use appear in goods of the Company’s manufacture within a period of 12 calendar months after the goods have been delivered and which arise solely from faulty design, materials or workmanship, provided always that the defective goods are promptly returned at the Purchaser’s expense. The repaired or new goods will be delivered by the Company at the Company’s expense to the Purchaser. The Company’s liability implied by law whether in respect of any warranty or condition as to quality or fitness for any particular purpose or otherwise and save as provided in this clause the Company shall in no circumstances be liable whether in contract tort or otherwise, however, in respect of any defect in or failure to function of the goods or for any injury, damage or loss howsoever caused resulting from such defect or failure to function or form any work done in connection therewith. It shall be the responsibility of the Purchaser to ensure that the goods are functioning correctly at all times and the Purchaser agrees to indemnify the Company in respect of all losses and claims or whatsoever nature for or in respect of injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused arising out or in connection with the goods or the use thereof or any defect in or failure to function of the same and also against all claims demands proceeding damages costs and expenses whatsoever in respect thereof or in relation thereto by whomsoever made brought or incurred.
- CANCELLATION: Cancellation of any written order placed by the Purchaser with the Company will be accepted only at the Company’s option and on the terms stated by the Company.
- DRAWINGS ETC: All specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions published in sales literature and intended merely as a general guide. None of such data shall form part of the contract between the Company and the Purchaser.
- PAYMENT: The Company shall render invoices to the Purchaser on despatch of goods. Payment of these invoices shall be effected within 30 days of the date thereof unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing between the Company and the Purchaser.
- (a) The property in the goods (“the property”) shall pass to the Purchaser when the goods have been paid for in full and until such time the property shall remain with the Company which shall be entitled to re-delivery of the goods without thereby cancelling the contract.
(b) Until the property passes to the Purchaser it is not entitled to pledge or transfer the goods as security to third parties but may only dispose of the goods by the way of sale in the ordinary course of business and on condition that the proceeds of such sale are held on trust for the Company.
(c) Notwithstanding the foregoing it is agreed that from such time as the risk passes to the Purchaser under the terms of this contract the Purchaser shall maintain such insurance of the goods as normally maintained by the companies engaged in the business in which the Purchaser is engaged and any insurance monies received by the Purchaser in respect of the goods shall be held on trust for the Company.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: All information included in this quotation or specification is supplied to the original requester as “commercial in confidence”, and remains the Intellectual Property and/or copyright of the company. No part of this quotation or specification may be divulged to any third party without the express written permission of the company, except as may be required by law.
- CHANGE CONTROL/GxP DOCUMENTATION: The customer has 30days to review documentation submitted by the Company once the 30 days has elapsed the customer must submit an order number to the company who in turn will deliver goods with draft documentation as final. If an Order number has been received then our accounts department will dispatch an invoice